Ring Reduction Advantages
- Image Quality Increased
- Reduction of artifacts that can mask indications or be misinterpreted as an indication.
- Improve volume surface quality
- Time Savings On Gain Correction Acquisition
- Reduce # of Gain corrections
- Reduce Gain Acquisition Times
- No increase in scan time
- Increase in geometric magnification without ring artifact by keeping the sample more to the center of the rotational axis.
- Transparent Use: Routine automatically runs without additional operator involvement.
Ring Reduction Advanced X-Ray Scanning
Ring Reduction utilizes a combination of hardware and a proprietary software algorithm to compensate for the irregular response of the detector pixels during a CT scan. This increases quality by reducing artifacts that can mask indications or be misinterpreted as an indication. Ring Reduction can also improve volume surface quality. Using this feature adds minimal scanning time when compared to a standard scan done without Ring Reduction. Ring artifacts? No problem.